Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jon did his first solo chemo today. He's been feeling well and I had to take Kelsey to a doctor's appointment that I've already rescheduled three times. His blood work is all in the normal range and he continues to use natural supplements and acupuncture to keep the chemo side effects to a minimum.

The guys all had a good time in Reno and I enjoyed my peace and quiet :). Jon was pretty tired when they got back late Friday night but felt well enough to go coyote hunting with Levi on Saturday. Kelsey and I did a lot of driving (he's planning on taking his driver's test in February), movies, church, and celebrated Cody's birthday at the Lentings (Kristi-that webcam is too cool!)

Jon is planning on more coyote hunting with Rex during the week and then we all get some Maelie time over the weekend. Maybe even skiing Sunday if he's up to it. Although I'll never completely understand his passion for hunting I am grateful he feels well enough to do the things he enjoys. Kelsey's been even begging to go along which should be a good opportunity for the both of them.

No new word on the tumor marker (I expect that Jon appropriately harassed Dr. Chan today). We should get the update next week since they check it semimonthly.

No comments: