Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's been an exceptional few weeks since I last blogged. Jon and I are on a second honeymoon since our trip to Mazama where we hiked, biked, and tubed down the Mazama river. As much as we missed Kelsey on his many summer adventures we enjoyed the opportunity to spend all this time alone together. Jon would even have dinner and a glass of wine ready for me when I got home from work! His cooking has actually improved a little bit :)

Our trip to Pennsylvania was wonderful. I enjoyed the opportunity to show Jon where I grew up and the time with my family. He kept saying, "Doc, this is Norman Rockwell meets Ozzie and Harriet!" So true!

Since we've been home we continue to work on the yard and house to get it ready for Levi and Ericka's wedding. This weekend we move Elizabeth from Cheney to Bellevue. I am sooo excited to have her closer to home! Kelsey is ready to start his Sophmore year in High School with try outs for the golf team on Wednesday. Next will be Staci and Octavio's wedding in California.

I have to admit, I am not looking forward to starting chemo again on September 18. I've so much enjoyed having my husband back. I'm savoring every moment we've had together and hoping that this is our last go around with chemotherapy. From where I sit Jon is even stronger going into this round of chemo then the first. Dr. Chue is also planning on giving Jon one week off after every four weeks. With any hope this series will be a bit easier and the ablation will take place in January. I continue to be amazed at Jon's strength and determination. The man has truly everything it takes to recover. Did I mention how happy he is to be alive???

1 comment:

Lori B said...

Jon and Lorri,

I know that Tuesday starts a new chapter in cancer killing treatments and you are definitely in my thoughts. Keep laughing and loving! If you need a good laugh, come golfing with me. It can be humorous. Good luck with the weddings, too!!!
Ciao, ti amo! Lori B