Thursday, July 24, 2008

What the ????

I had to leave for work at 10 am and still hadn't heard back from the UW. Jon continued in moderate pain but insisted he didn't need anyone to stay with him and was going to his acupuncture appointment at 1pm. I was hosting a luncheon for Governor Gregoire at my office with the Washington State Chiropractic Association so it was event I could not miss. Kelsey has been working for our Executive Director and Lobbyist this summer and needed to attend as well. Of course, Jon insisted that he was fine and we needed to go on about our day.

After our luncheon I called Jon as he was leaving the acupuncturist. In her opinion the pain was coming from the large intestine and a result of all of the chemo, cancer, and toxins traveling through Jon's digestive system. When I returned home, Jon was in bed and still in a significant amount of pain. The nurse finally called back and told us that Dr. Goswami did not think that Jon's current pain was related to the procedure...Whatever?!?! The nurse and I discussed some pain management protocols and she agreed that the acupuncturist theory made sense. So I thought, well if something is stuck in there we need to move it along. I got out the massage oil and started massaging the large intestine. It was initially somewhat painful but gradually improved over the 30 or so minutes I worked on it. Jon rolled around a bit, said he felt better, jumped up and went for a hill-walk at Lakeland Hills. I am now making dinner and wondering what tomorrow might bring?!

No comments: