Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Incredible Shrinking Liver

Jon has been saying for days that he feels so good it's scary! He had chemo yesterday and was examined by Dr. Chu for the first time since his initial visit. Dr Chu found that the swelling in Jon's liver has diminished approximately 3-4 inches in the past 6 weeks. He is scheduled for 6 more cycles of chemo and then a CT scan but I am lobbying to do one at the 8 week mark since he is doing so well. His blood counts are getting low and I figure we don't need to do any more chemo than is absolutely necessary. We will see what Dr. Chu (or as his staff and patent's call him "Master Chu") decides in the coming weeks. Keep him in your positive thoughts and prayers...they are working!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is great news. By the way, I love your new look, Jon. The wrestling look is very flattering!

Staci said...

I'm not going to lie - I cried when I saw it :-(

But you do look very handsome Dad.