Tuesday, July 10, 2007

We saw Master Chue today. He told us that Jon could safely have a three month break from chemo using the Interferon to keep him stable. He is tolerating the Interferon well, but still hasn't recovered from this last series of chemo. His toes and fingers have stopped bleeding, his nosebleeds have slowed down, and he can stay out of bed most of the day. Any physical labor is still difficult but his energy level is slightly better each day. His stomach still hurts all of the time and I am going to put a call into Dr. Chue tomorrow since Jon failed to mention it during our appointment.

I would say that Jon is relieved he can have that much leeway to recover but, at the same time, is anxious to get through this process. Surprisingly, he agreed to try the oxyplatin again, but this time with four weeks on, one week off. His plan is to start working out as soon as his energy returns, then start back on chemo once he feels strong and ready for the next fight. I would expect that to be sometime towards the end of August, but he can wait until early October if need be.

We are going to take a trip back to Mazama to celebrate our first anniversary on August 5. We are also going to visit my family in Pennsylvania for my parents 50th wedding anniversary on August 25.

Today I am grateful for:
1. The opportunity to celebrate our first anniversary.
2. Jon making the trip to Pa with me to visit my family and see the town I grew up in.
3. Jon being healthy enough to attend Levi and Staci's weddings
4-10. Dr Chue and everyone at SCTWC
11. Everyone reading this blog who continues to inspire us with all of your love, prayers, and support. Thank You!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Nice blog Lorri! I'm also double thankful for the weddings (yours, mine, & Levi's) mentioned on the list!