Saturday, November 24, 2007

This Blogs for You


For all of you who don't get to see Jon often I just want to assure you that he is as well and crazy as ever. Here is a recent picture after his "upper body work out"

Our photo session started after reflecting on this last year...I have a burning desire to visit every health care provider who told us Jon wouldn't live to see this Thanksgiving. I actually have an appointment with our family doctor in a couple of weeks for a physical. She was the unfortunate one who discovered the cancer then very kindly and sincerely told me that Jon would probably not live the year and that she wouldn't recommend chemo since he was terminal and it would be so hard on him. It's sad because she was completely sincere and honest. I am going to introduce her to Dr. Chue and bring this picture to my appointment. I don't fault any of the doctors who told us what they did, they are giving us what they learned in medical school. But we do want them to know that there is always hope and alternatives for their patients.

I realize we're not out of the woods yet and appreciate every day for the miracle that it is.

Jon is goosehunting this weekend :)

2 comments:

Staci said...

I'll drink to that blog any time :-)

travis said...

This truly a Thanksgiving for Jon, family and friends. Jon, - Your the man!!!, and an inspiration for the rest of mere mortals keep it up.