Thursday, April 24, 2008

Since Tuesday we have had an interruption in the cancer routine after receiving a call from Elizabeth saying she was on her way to the emergency room with severe abdominal pain. By midnight she was in surgery for an emergency appendectomy at Overlake Hospital. Today she is home with us while she recovers. Her pain is minimal but she's extremely nauseous from all the drugs they gave her. She expects to be back to her place by Sunday and to work and school on Monday.

Jon's had a better week and rose to the occasion when Elizabeth was sick. He returned home from the emergency room to stalk up on sleeping bags and thermarests so he could sleep in my SUV while I curled up on the chairs in Elizabeth's hospital room. He's back at SCTWC for his vitamin C infusion this morning. Even though its not under the best of circumstances, its nice to have Elizabeth home. Jon, Kelsey and I all piled in her bed last night and watched Sex In The City dvds with her. It's quite an education for the men!

I haven't heard back from UW about Jon's treatment yet so I put a call into them this morning. I also need to mail his scans to UPMC and will overnight them this afternoon. We are still banking on the Selective Internal Radiation Therapy.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Dad secretly loves Sex & the City. When he visits he always requests to watch my DVD collection of the show.