Monday, April 7, 2008

We had a good trip to San Francisco, definitely a city where I would want to spend more time. Jon did pretty well...he saw all of the sights he wanted to see and had lots of afternoon naps. The last day was difficult for him and I'm not sure exactly why, usually his chemo side effects hit him on Thursday but they came raining down like a ton of bricks on Sunday. We had slept late that day and went to the waterfront to tour a World War II submarine. When Kelsey and I went on to the Palace of Fine Arts Jon opted to sleep in the grass. I was grateful he was wearing a decent pair of jeans and not his old "I won't buy any new jeans because I have cancer" jeans. The police would have definitely mistaken him for a homeless person and hauled him off. He's much better today and he and Kelsey have been practicing for Kelseys drivers test tomorrow (yes, Kelsey is EXTREMELY nervous!)

Back to chemo tomorrow and an appointment with the naturopath, Dr. Reilly.

No comments: