Saturday, February 9, 2008

Too Much Snow and Liver Resections

Its been snowing like crazy here in the mountains of Washington. Jon has been east since Thursday and the kids and I were heading over this morning. Well until the avalanche and the closed pass. We spent the day goofing around in Seattle instead while Jon sleeps in his truck until the pass opens at midnight tonight. So no snowmobiling this weekend for the fam.

I've been doing some research on liver resections and found that the University of Southern California Medical Center is doing them laproscopically. That is exciting because it makes the surgery much less invasive and therefore less risky with a shorter recovery. I will talk to Dr. Chue about it next week and explore the possiblity of finding a surgeon in our area or traveling to California for the procedure. I don't know if Jon would be a candidate depending on the size of the tumors but its an exciting possiblity.

1 comment:

Staci said...

WOW!!! I've been on a tour there. I'll show you OJ's Heisman, the George Lucas Film School place, and the most nose jobs you've ever seen! Hey, if the University of Spoiled Children can save Dad...I say GO TROJANS!!!! So when you guys coming!!!!