Tuesday, August 5, 2008

In Honor of Ed Frawley

On Sunday night, August 3 we received the tragic news that our brother-in-law Ed Frawley had died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 48. He and his wife, Kristi (Jon's sister) had been living in Japan the last few years while Ed worked as a liaison between Boeing and Mitsubishi. They have two adult sons, Kyle and Cody who live nearby in Buckley, WA. Kyle showed up on our doorstep late Sunday night with the news.

Tonight the family gathered at our home to share memories and stories of Ed's life. We were able to see Kristi via vidoecam in Japan with our niece Ann's computer. Kristi shared with us numerous stories of honorariums and memorials that have already taken place at the Mitsubishi Plant in Japan. Ed was well-loved and respected by everyone he knew. With the help of friends, Kristi is packing up their home and attempting to return to the US by early next week. Her best-friend Pam is already there and her son Cody leaves for Japan early tomorrow morning.

Please keep the Frawley family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Scandi_1 said...

Ed and I were co-workers for Boeing in Japan, myself supporting MHI in 2006. I spent time with he and Kristi in Hiroshima Feb. 2007. I have a wonderful photo from that evening. I am so very sad tonight. Ed is truly one of the most special people I have ever met in my life... so kind, fun, friendly, caring,and intelligent. He was passionate about all aspects of his life. The love he had for his family was always very evident.

The news is slowly arriving to his many friends here at Boeing... please keep me informed of services as he has many caring friends here.

My prayers are with you all,

Christine Normo