Friday, August 1, 2008

This has been a good week for us. Actually I have to say Jon has felt better than I have after crashing my bike 3 times during the Seattle Century when my clipless pedals refused to unclip!! He's offered me a few of his Oxycodone but I'm sticking with ice, adjustments, massage and a few ibuprofen. We both feel well enough to leave for a weekend backpacking trip to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe how much has happened since then and I am grateful for every day (some days more than others!)

Jon saw Dr. Goswami today for a follow-up from his first chemoembolization. The post CT scan showed excellent uptake to the tumors and Dr. Goswami remains optimistic about curing this cancer. We could not have asked for better doctors on this journey. The next procedure is scheduled for Aug 21 where Dr. Goswami will finish of the rest of the right lobe then one more shot at the left lobe in September. It's getting to the point where Jon is scheduling procedures around his backpacking and hunting trips. With any luck the CT in October will be clear and our life will return to some semblance of normal.

No comments: