Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another long and emotionally draining day, however, I FINALLY GOT A CALL BACK FROM UWMC. A real person with a direct line who actually answers her phone. Her name is Michelle and she promised me a scan for Jon and a follow up appointment with Dr. Lin this coming Thursday. Kelsey and I are working in Olympia that day so my brother-in-law, Tony will take Jon to the appointment (Thank you, Tony!)

I also received a call from Dr. Paul Reilly, the naturopath at SCTWC. We discussed the recent turn of events and he assured me that he will smooth Dr. Chen's ruffled feathers so that Jon can have Dr. Lin as him primary oncologist at UWMC but receive metronomic chemo of the new cocktail at SCTWC in Renton. These are Jon's wishes and I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it happen alone. Jon will continue with Dr. Reilly as well as the acupuncture with Darren and Candace.

We also attempted to celebrate Valentines Day today as I will be gone on Saturday. We made it to the movies (Slumdog Millionaire), a homeowners meeting for his Lakewood property and dinner at the Olive Garden. Jon's energy ebbs and flows, he did well at the homeowners meeting but ate dinner with his head on the table. At least he's eating now and hopefully will start to put on a little weight. He was 161 today and still carrying around a small belly full of fluid.

No comments: