Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm back at UWMC and Jon is still sleeping 90% of the time. He did answer his phone and has conversed a little since I've been here. His eyes even lit up a bit when I told him gold has hit $1000 an ounce this week as he has holdings in a gold company :)

His calcium levels are slowly coming down. It started at 15 and is now down to 12.5. He needs to be in the 8-10 range before the confusion subsides and they let him go home. He still isn't eating much and they gave him Megesterol to increase his appetite but it hasn't helped yet (they also suggested marijuana but somehow I just can't imagine Jon with a bong!). The parathyroid tests were run this morning as well as some blood and urine cultures as he briefly spiked a fever during the night. No results yet. I spoke to the doctor at length last night and he agreed that it was unlikely that the cancer has spread to his bones and it is probably the hormonal imbalance cause by the tumor and liver damage. So far no scans have been ordered and I am awaiting my meeting with the doctor this afternoon.

1 comment:

Lori B said...

Hey Lorri,

I don't see Jon with a bong either, but a sexy little marijuana cigarette may be just what he needs!

Lori B