Saturday, March 17, 2007

Another Day

Jon woke up this morning and said, "Hey, it's been five months and I'm still alive!"
I said, "I've noticed." :)

I've been recently giving frequent thought to the original prognosis of 4-6 months and am thankful for every day. We will both breathe a sigh of relief when we pass the 6 month mark (May 2).

There is some controversy regarding Jon having a CT vs a PET scan next week. Last I spoke with Dr. Chu he was leaning toward the CT for now (cheaper, good imaging, and covered by our insurance) and saving the PET scan for after the next series of chemo (imaging more sensitive to cancer cells, $8000, and possibly not covered by our insurance). Either way the test will be done sometime late next week. I will probably scan it and put it on the blog if the news is good!

Jon is still exhausted from his low red cell count and sleeps most of the day. We are considering trying an oxygen bar to see if we can boost his energy level. Low RBCs=Low Oxygen=No Energy. I found one in Seattle but it is closed tomorrow so I will keep looking. All the doctors tell us that this is perfecly normal after 13 chemos so we are not overly concerned. I know Jon is frustrated with his lack of activity but he remains in surprisingly good spirits. He is on the couch with a warm blanket and a stack of UFC videos!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Let's not forget, Dad's chemo-ridden, hairless, stage-4-cancer butt still beat me up the rope in Santa Monica!