Monday, March 19, 2007

Sometimes I Forget Who I'm Dealing With.....

With Jon's energy taking a dive this month I have been concerned about what 12 more cycles of chemo will do to him with just a 2 week break. He has also been interrogating me repeatedly about the details of each of the new chemotherapy drugs. Thinking that he might be apprehensive about his new regime I suggested that maybe we ask Dr. Chu to consider using the Tarceva (oral chemo) a week or two longer for a better break between intravenous chemo. Jon replied "Doc, my goal is to take the largest dose of chemo ever given to any man in the shortest amount of time and live to tell about it."

What can I say???

2 comments:

Tony said...

Jon is my hero. If you haven't seen the movie 300 yet go see it. This would have been Jon's story if he was around back then.

Staci said...

THAT'S MY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!