Wednesday, May 28, 2008

PET SCAN

Jon's PET scan is scheduled tomorrow at 10 am at the University of Washington. I am not sure at this point whether we will receive the results from Dr. Chue or Dr. Goswami. Either way, I would expect it to be next Tuesday since they only give results in person and we always go together. Jon swears nothing could possibly survive this last round of chemo inside his digestive system. I pray he is right.

I leave for my Tahoe fundraiser on Friday morning. I am excited, a little sad, and a little nervous. In our old life, Jon and I would always do these kinds of things together and it saddens me that he can't come along, even as a spectator. He did promise that he would do it with me next year.

Again I can't say enough about my teamates at Team In Training. Everyone of them is there because cancer has profoundly affected their lives. They are amazing, sensitive and strong individuals that offer a kind of encouragement and support I have never witnessed. We had our send off last night and our coach reminded us that when we hit all those difficult hills in Tahoe to remember what its like for a cancer patient receiving chemotherapy, if they can endure those side affects, we can endure those hills. I cried my eyes out and my team hugged me. I'm sure I'll be doing that a lot of that this weekend!

My contributions keep coming in and I so far have raised over $5000 for cancer research. It is amazing to think that only a year ago the isotope treatments weren't available for Jon and through events like this more research is made possible. Thank you to everyone who has participated through financial contributions, prayers, and kind words of support.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I got teary just reading about it! Good luck Doc!