Thursday, May 1, 2008

We have an appointment at the University of Washington on May 21 to meet with the radiation oncologist and schedule Jon's Selective Internal Radiation Therapy. Frankly, I'm unhappy (ok really pissed off!) that we're waiting so long. Jon has decided that he wants to attempt to complete all 12 chemotherapies before he schedules the procedure and I completely disagree, I think we should schedule it as soon as possible. His tumor markers are on the rise while his blood and platelet counts continue to drop. I am concerned that if he waits too long and continues with this treatments that he will be too weak for the SIRT. He can always start chemo again once the tumor is debulked. However, when its all said and done it is his choice, not mine.

On a brighter note, Staci and Octavio have been here for an extended visit since last Friday. It's been really nice having them and I appreciate all the companionship and support.

Elizabeth if feeling good, back to both school and work. Kelsey is loving his new found freedom with his drivers license and truck. It's a huge help to me for him to be able to drive to all his stuff.

I am still training as best I can for my upcoming bike ride. Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement. Although I haven't been able to make all my team rides, the opportunities I do get to cycle continue to maintain my sanity.

No comments: