Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well I have to say Jon has been a pretty pessimistic guy these last few months. He says it's hard to be positive and optimistic when you feel like shit all of the time :(. I can appreciate his perspective. However, in the last few days I have seen glimpses of the Old Jon. I think he's inspired by the small drop in his tumor marker and all the positive feedback we've received on the isotopes. At lunch on Tuesday he said he needed to figure out what he was going to do for a living once he was better...guiding in Alaska or maybe back to remodeling houses. Then he inquired how much longer until I retired cause he wanted to plan accordingly (the answer is forever, just take more vacations!) Today he reminded me that the Old Jon was still in there...sometimes that's hard to remember.

He still feels crappy and sleeps most of the time. I continue to lobby for the cessation of chemo until we can have the isotopes. He might just say uncle after this week. I am extremely excited about our appointment at the UW next Wednesday!

1 comment:

Staci said...

That's good to hear!