Tuesday, January 23, 2007

No News Is Good News

This week is probably the most normal our lives have been since "the diagnosis" (thus my lack of blogging!). Jon has felt good all week and managed to get in four workouts. I went to a seminar, we had dinner with friends in Seattle, and went to a going away party for our friend David Lane, who left for Brazil on his 2 year LDS Mission. For the past few months it has been problematic to make any kinds of plans, never knowing what each day held. It felt good to have some sense of normalcy in our lives.

We are back at chemo today. Jon is just finishing up. His blood work was a little on the low side...white and red cells still within the normal limits but hemoglobin and hematocrit slightly low. It is to be expected with the chemo and our naturopath gave him some new blood tonics to raise his counts. We are still waiting on the results of the alkaline phosphotase test. CT scan will be in 8 more weeks.

This morning Jon began to notice he is losing his hair. If it continues he plans to shave his head...so does Levi and Mike Carpentar. They really all want to look like Ultimate Fighters!

2 comments:

Travis said...

I know I don't type in here much, but I do read it almost everyday. This all sounds like great news. This "happening" or illness has really made me reevaluate my own life and daily activities. A person always thinks, "that won't happen to me", well I have seen to many of these "that won't happen to me" issue's happen to to many people I know. Now instead of making some resolution on January 1st, everyday I try to be a better husband, father, friend, employee etc.

Jon, you and I have talked about going on some kind of hunt for going on some 15 years now. Keep on the track your on and we will need to finally get it done.

Take care, your in our prayers,

Travis.

us00d said...

jon, it was great to see you the other day. you look and sound great! i was going to ask you how the bird hunting was going after all those years. i hope you can stop in again if you ever get close by.

so, you....take care!!