Thursday, January 11, 2007

One of Those Days....

It's been a difficult couple of days for Jon. Although he woke up Wednesday morning feeling great he was down for the count by noon (yes, he was goose hunting during all of this) When I returned home from work I found him huddled in bed, unable to even lift his head off the pillow, with a 100.4 temperature. After ibuprofen, adjustment, massage, and a call to the oncologist he was well enough to sit up and eat some homemade chicken soup. His temperature has normalized and his headache is mild, his eyes are severely bloodshot, glassy, and swollen. After monitoring him all day and several phone consults with SCWC we concluded that he had a severe allergic reaction to the Taxol. Remember when he declined the benadryl and steroid with his last chemo?? Don't think he'll choose that next time. I gave him two benadryl this afternoon and he is sleeping comfortably. We expect tomorrow to be a better day.

Levi, Kelsey, and Erika are all inner tubing down our hill in the snow! It is a beautiful night and I think I will join them (Staci and Liz-you should be here!!). We'll all rouse Jon for dinner when they're done. I am grateful I had an day off today and will ask the boys to keep an eye on him tomorrow.

No comments: