Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another day of antibiotics and challenges controlling Jon's pain. He said to me on the way to Seattle that he finally understands what the doctors are trying to accomplish with the long vs short acting oxycotin/oxycodone (alleluia!). I think it has been difficult for him to accept that he is now in constant pain and that he needs to keep his pain base-line under control. We see Dr. Linn on Thursday and will discuss with him increasing the dosage of Jon's long acting meds so he can stop taking so many short acting. He still is very "fuzzy" and forgetful and sometimes worse.

We have had some enjoyable moments in the last few days. Dan and Sandie came over Monday night and brought us dinner while Levi brought Wyatt to my office for "the trade" and an adjustment. It was wonderful having a home-cooked dinner made, served and cleaned up. Sandie and I enjoyed Wyatt while Dan and Jon worked on some leases. Wyatt spent the night and we took Jon to SCCA in the morning. While Jon had his IV, Wyatt and I paid Aunt Elizabeth a visit (I promised Ericka I would not take Wyatt into the cancer center with all of the drug resistant infections around) After that I took Jon to my office for a massage while I did Costco, Sprint, and picked up lunch. Ericka's sister Ashley staged a surprise return visit from China which she had plotted with Levi. I laughed when Ericka called and asked me to bring Wyatt over rather than her usual pick up because she needed her after-work shower and "couldn't wait one more minute" for Ashley to meet her nephew. I had a nice visit with the girls and returned home for dinner at El Charo with Jon and Kelsey. The days with Wyatt have been wonderful and Jon is even starting to get the hang of babies (while just a little bit!?)and definitely enjoys his time with his grandson.

Kelsey has been all stressed out because he discovered that his pigs have slipped in their weight over the last month and are behind schedule for their showing at the Puyallup fair mid-April. He has doubled up their feedings and added whole milk to their food. We found a tape measure where you can measure their girth and then extrapolate the weight. We tried it for the first time this weekend and what a fiasco! I wish I would have had a video camera while Kelsey and I chased those pigs around the pen trying to wrap that tape measure around their chests. They were snorting, running and neither of us could get a hold of them. We finally sneaked up and got a successful measurement. The Puyallup Spring Fair ought to be a riot and a learning experience!

Ann Lenting has Jon duty tomorrow and we promised her Starbucks for her 7:15am start time. Jon will be done Saturday with the IV antibiotics with Steve driving Friday and Kyle Saturday. Thanks to everyone who has helped with food and transportation for these two weeks.

No comments: