Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jon has been waiting all day for the surgeons to take out his port. They promise it will be today or rather tonight at this point...

He had an excellent visit with Riley. I had to laugh because Jon was making a big deal about Riley spending the night at the hospital, like he might be uncomfortable or something. I had to remind him that Riley is a hunting guide and is used to sleeping on the ground and in airports, the chairbeds they give us at UWMC are actually pretty comfortable. Of course with Jon and his buddies nothing is ever simple, Riley also was borrowing a rifle from Jon so we had to come home, take it out of the gun safe and then figure out what to do about carrying a rifle into the hospital. I called hospital security and they instructed us to take it to the police station down the street to store it during the visit. It all worked out really and well and Jon was both pleased and surprised.

I had a spinal screening all day today and am just too darn exhausted to make that drive back to Seattle tonight. I built a fire and am watching a chick flick I'm hoping to pick Jon up and bring him home tomorrow after work.

No comments: