Friday, December 8, 2006

Another good day

Today marks the fifth good day in a row...a record since the biopsy. That means good energy, less pain, and minimal nausea. We are grateful for every day!

Anyone who knows me will remember that I am an avid cyclist and have been a Lance Armstrong fan since before his first Tour de France victory. Last year for my birthday Jon gave me a large Lance poster with a picture of each of his Tour victories. Of course, I bought Jon Lance's fist book the day he was diagnosed. Yesterday I was working out in our weight room and saw the poster on the wall behind our bench press. It's now is up over our bed to remind us daily that anything is possible.

3 comments:

Travis said...

I'm very glad to hear your having another good day. Besides being a valued friend for going on 17 years, Jon is my idol when it comes to physical conditioning and nutrition and is the toughest S.O.B I have ever had the pleasure of knowning. Jon, Lorri, Staci, Levi, and all other family members, you are all in my families thoughts and prayers.

Travis said...

Oh, Lorri I forgot, I would reccomend the frequent sex method of treatment. I don't think I ever remember Jon being wrong about anything, and it certainly can't hurt.

"Jon" there you go buddy, I'm trying to help out, us guys have got to stick together. Have a great weekend, Travis.

Staci said...

Like Levi told me: "Stace, Dad could kick Lance Armstrong's ass. If he could beat cancer, so can Dad."