Sunday, December 17, 2006

Here is my store.

I walked outside to warm my truck after gorging myself with food on Thanksgiving with all my loving family. my Dad walked up to me and told me to turn my truck off we need to talk. I sat in a chair behind a closed door staring at my dad. Something was different this time I did'nt do anything wrong I wondered. He looked at me and sayed you must be strong, not for me, not for yourself but for your family. I have cancer. He looked at me with all the strength I needed for what lay ahead. I asked as many questions as I knew about cancer, which was not very many. Growing older in life I never thought of the equation of having a child out of wed lock. But I am making it happen. I never thought my father would be diagnosed with cancer, but it happened. God will only challenge those who can handle his challenges. My family and my Dad are so strong cancer better watch out.

For 4 days I worked about 12 hours a day in the cold snow thinking of the sollution for my Dads challenge. STRENGTH Thats it. After crying to myself everytime I was alone I came to realize, hey this is my Dad. The man I have walked the blistery beaches of Alaska with. Tought me how to skin an animal and keep my knifes sharp and true. We sat under a tree miles up in the cascades Bobcat hunting by are selfs looking for stupid hound dogs chasing a cat for at least 6 hours in 5 feet of snow. I was never afraid I had my Dad. My Dad told me one time when I say jump you dont say how high you say when the f#@! can I come down. If there is a stronger man on this planet bring him on because my Dad is not afraid. In short if it can be done he will do it. And yes it can be done. I love my Dad very much. By Levi Nichols

2 comments:

us00d said...

keep your STRENGTH up jones, you know your dad needs it from you. we are always there for you

The Mullendore's said...

Jon, Lorri, Levi and company....our thoughts and prayers are with all of you ! If there is ANYTHING you need, we're there for you ! No matter what it is....Jon, can't wait to see you at the airport real soon, on your way up north again.....I've got those 1st class seats ready and waiting....(and I will do my best to get you your bags quicker !) To all of you...take good care of yourselves, and remember, we are here to take care of any mundane "little" stuff that doesn't really matter, but would make you smile or feel better !

Our love to all of you,

Clayton & Brett & Linda M. ~