Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Merry Christmas Eve

It is Christmas Eve afternoon. Elizabeth and I are wrapping the last of the stocking stuffers while Jon, Levi, and Kelsey are at the Black Diamond Range trying out Jon's new shotgun. We are planning on church at St. James Cathedral and dinner at Toulios in Seattle tonight. A little different than our usual Christmas Eve but we are open to trying all kinds of new things this year. Staci is back in California...we already miss her and are planning her next trip to Washington in January.

Jon looks and feels the best he has in months. He hiked Mt. Peak yesterday and had his first work-out with weights today. Although he is not up to his standard performance I am pleased to see him back in the gym and building his strength. We discovered this past week that he is severely deficient in Vitamin D and just added a liquid supplement to his regime. He has very little nausea, his energy is increasing, and the swelling and pain around his liver has diminished.

We want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas surrounded by the friends and family that you love. Be sure to take the time to appreciate every moment with them!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH TOO! Going to work today felt like going to Mars - it was so foreign. I miss seeing Dad eating beets out of a ziploc bag in the truck (I guess those are his travel containers/man tupperware). Dad, I'm gathering up as much vitamin D (sunshine) as I can & bringing it up with me in January :-D