Sunday, December 17, 2006

Nuclear Gas (Twice as Toxic)

Hi everyone - it's Staci writing. I'm typing this at Aunt Tonya's because we still don't have power (day #4)!

Anyone that knows my dad knows that he is quite a "flatulent" individual. Now that his body is processing chemo, we are experiencing nuclear farts. A whole new level of air pollution! Last night as Dad was trying to light a propane heater for Lorri's office Christmas party, he let one go, cleared the room, and Kelsey & I actually feared he may burn the house down...Good memories I'll cherish :-P

Other than that, Dad has been a bit sore and tender in his midsection. He is actually having physical pain in the area of his cancer. (I had to hug him softly.) His energy is good. You'd hardly even know he was sick.

On one final note, Lorri & I have discovered that our daily affirmations for my dad are the same: "Chemo is shrinking Dad's tumors" and "Chemo is killing Dad's cancer." We visualize the tumors getting smaller and happy reactions after the next CT scan.

No comments: