Wednesday, April 29, 2009

As anyone can well imagine this has been a challenging week but I have been blessed with a tremendous amount of love and support by my family and friends. Everyone both grieves and heals in their own way and it been a process going through it all together. Staci has been leading the charge for Jon's memorial service. I basically follow her around and say "yes, I like this, no, I don't want to do that" and occasionally have an idea of my own. She is doing a tremendous job and we are determined to make Jon's memorial a celebration of his unique life. Levi has been here every day sorting and packing all of Jon's belongings. Both of those things would break my heart to do by myself and I will never be able to thank them enough for taking care of all it. Elizabeth tried to go back to Bellevue the Saturday after Jon's passing but ended up crying hysterically all day and returned home Sunday to spend the rest of the week with us. She is doing better but says it will be a long time until she can stop crying. Kelsey handles his grief by sleeping for days on end (just like my Dad!) but has started going back to school half days this week. My children and parents mostly hug me, feed me, hold my hand and tell me they love me. It is a huge comfort. My brother and sisters arrive Friday and I am looking forward to seeing them. A member of Jon's family checks up on my everyday and are always standing by for me should I need anything. They have also been a huge blessing

Today I am going to work today so that Jolene can have at least one day off in these past two weeks. She and my staff have been unbelievable and I appreciate everything they have done to allow me this time to be with Jon and the family. I will start back for good next Monday.

Kelsey and I have been wanting a dog for a long time and decided Sunday was the time to get a puppy and have some new life in our home. I wasn't sure it was the smartest thing to do right now but since my parents are here for a month or so they can help us with all of the initial training. His name is Marty and he is absolutely adorable. I think the companionship will be good for Kelsey and I.

1 comment:

Colleen Sherman said...

Lorri and Family: My name is Colleen Sherman from Johnstown. I know your parents through the Red Cross. I offer to you and your family my deepest sympathy. Your parents have meant the world to me and my children and I am sure they are of the greatest of comfort to you. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.- Colleen