Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jon slept comfortably all night. I think we finally have found the right combination of the right drugs. I had requested IV morphine yesterday but the doctor said that his veins have become inaccessible and that he cannot have another port due to the high risk of infection from the last one. All the meds but the oxycotin are liquid or topical and need to be given every two hours. I had the night shift, Staci will be over today for the day shift while I sleep.

Nearly all of the family had an opportunity to visit yesterday and I am grateful for their support and the opportunity for everyone to pay Jon their last respects. My parents are here and Elizabeth spent the night last night with us. I ended up falling asleep on the couch holding Kelsey and Elizabeth's hands (well at least between the 10pm and 12 am medication doses). I am hoping that the next few days are quite, loving and peaceful for Jon.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, kind words, and support.

2 comments:

Anthony Campbell said...

I'd like to pass on my deepest sympathies to Jon and his family.

Working in the same industry as Jon had for many years, I've gotten to know him really well.

I've always admired his love of life, and enjoyed listening to his latest adventures.

There is no doubt that Jon has always been a stand-up guy.

Listening to his employees over the years, it was obvious he has always been very generous with his successes, and often lended a helping hand in their personal lives.

I pray for Jon and his family as they come together and work through these difficult times.

Cassy said...

I'd like to first say that Jon is and always will be a character!! I got to know him from his frequent visits to the Seattle shop, to flip Phil some crap!! He would make us try some crazy healthnut cookie, that he swore were good. And they were pretty good, for a healthy cookie!!
I got the honor of him giving me a nickname "crasanthimum", its a flower. The nickname derived from my name Cassy. I felt like I was part of the Nichols legacy. It sounds cheesy I know, but no one could come up with a nick name for me, then one day he walks in and says "Hi Crasanthimum!" I thought that was awesome. It will always be with me as one of those great memories. Thank you Jon for that!!! Jon, may you fight until you can fight no more. God bless you and your family.

"Crasanthimum"