Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jon slept comfortably until about 11 am when all hell broke lose for the second time. I was going to lie down and take a nap with him until the nurse arrived and he was not due for an oxycotin until 12. He seemed to be getting a little restless so I thought I would give it to him a little early. The nurse had sent me double the milligrams by cab but even that was not enough to make a dent in his pain. Thankfully, Kristi arrived right around that time and was able to help me get him to the bathroom (where he was determined to go with or without us), call the nurse and get as many meds down him as possible. It was terrible to see him suffer like that. Finally with a combination the new liquid and topical forms of medication we were able to get him comfortable and back in bed. He is sleeping and under heavy sedation.

No comments: